Sea Shore | Heart&Pen

11.01.2019


I want to feel as though I grew 
I want to feel twenty-two 
I want to be surrounded by the ocean blue 
to let my body go and just be 
to feel strong and carefree 
I want to desperately fall in love with this water 
for it to change me somehow inside 
I want to feel alive 
but here I am sitting on the shore
with no desire to explore 

the ocean possesses a type of power that can take hold
of everything we love most 
it is capable of capturing the essence of life 
some may even call it the divine 
but everything that lives disappoints 
the water is powerful and oh so deep 
to ever escape all that live under the sea
down below is its own little kingdom that responds 
solely to their master regardless of the 
consequences that entangle all who enter 

so I stay on the sand where I can be my own master 
it is easy to dream but clearly my version would only produce disaster 

- Jenna Leigh Condon 

Post a Comment

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.