Life Lately

4.22.2020


ello there! This has been a strange season, huh? I've gained so many perspectives through this whole thing. I'm sure I'll open up about it soon. Until then, I thought my typical life lately post would do for now. Nothing too grand is happening, but grateful to be healthy. I hope you all are hanging in there too!! 

Watching...
One Tree Hill. Shocker, I'm late to the party once again. Anyone else obsessed with this show? Honestly, I knew nothing about it but it's been on my list for a while now, because of Chad Michael Murray. All the drama and plots are genius. Torn between the two brothers, but I'm gonna have to say, team, Lucas.

Completed...
My first ever embroidery piece. It's a modern design and I love this type of stitching so much. Abstract patterns are so freeing, as I don't have the pressure of messing up. Cross stitching is still definitely a favorite, but I love exploring new stitches. Plus, I'm learning how to incorporate beads and sequences to add texture.

Listening...
To a lot of new songs from different artists. A few faves, Sundays by Emotional Orange, My Wildest Dreams by Ron Pope, Something New by Wiz Khalifa feat. Ty Dolla Sign, I Got You by Bazzi, and Everybody Busines by Kehlani.


Trying...
Everything to just stay grateful right now. A wave of emotions come and go just about every day, as this pandemic is hard. One minute I'm pissed, overwhelmed, confused, sad, hopeful, and then grateful. It repeats all the time. I suppose that it apart of coping. But, to be grateful feels the most satisfying, as it springs joy and contentment. Even when it feels dark, I just say thank you Lord that I am breathing right now.

Wishing...
I could just walk through a craft store with a coffee in my hand. A destination worth driving to and from. Sit on the sand and watch the sun sink into the ocean. Have a meaningful conversation with a person across from me over dinner.

Reading...
To All The Boys I've Loved Before series by Jenny Han. I was hesitant about reading the books, as I watched the movie first. Once again, the book is ten times better than the movie. The characters of Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky come alive and connect in a deeper way. It's like I've just been given a ticket backstage of my favorite band. lol. Highly recommend.

3 comments

  1. I'll have to give the book version of "To All the Boys" a go. I really loved the show.
    Sending you lots hugs...I wish we could all give real hugs to those we love right now. I'd love a nice quiet dinner out with loved ones and a long stroll through some home goods stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, do give it a go! Reading the book felt like diving into a whole new story, as soooo many scenes were not added into the movie. Ahh, Hobby Lobby and a coffee date with friends sounds perfect right about now. Hope you are doing well and staying safe! :)

      Delete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.