5 Ways to Beat Gloomy Days

12.06.2014

In the winter time I tend to be more on the lazy and uninspired side. This winter I've been enjoying the rainy days we've had so far, but I dislike the gloomy feeling it leaves me. So I've come up with a few activity ideas to keep you busy and content when it's a wet and gray kinda day!

1. Stay Social. This one works like a charm every time. I am constantly needing to be surrounded by my friends, to get out and have fun. It's the perfect way to take a break from whatever it is you have that week and it gives you something to look forward to.

2. Remember Me-Time! It might seem simple, but I understand that it's hard to carve out time. Not everyone buys an excessive amounts of beauty products to treat yourself, but a hot bath or a facial mask will do the trick.


3. Keep Your Space Clean. Even though your environment might be dark and gloomy doesn't mean your room, office, or space has to be. Try to pick up the mess and keep things organized. This helps me to stay refreshed and not so overwhelmed.

4. Indulge Yourself. Treat yourself to a coffee, or your favorite spot around town. If you read my blog on a weekly basis you will know that a coffee shop is my favorite and almost always my go-to spot! Plus shopping is also a great options, whether it's online or out and about it always lifts me up!

5. Get into the Holiday Spirit. Pop in a Christmas movie, decorate your space around you, bake some cookies, or anything that helps you get cozy. For the first time ever, I've actually been liking Christmas music, and I have to confess it's all because of Justin Bieber and David Archuleta's Christmas albums. So both albums have been on repeat all day! :)

2 comments

  1. This was much needed.
    Eat, Drink and be cozy. YES.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for any of these!! Especially the part about being cozy. I'm a pro about being cozy (a.k.a. sleeping)

    Chloe | Curious Ramblings

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.