AVILA BEACH

6.01.2017 Avila Beach, CA, USA


vila is the cutest little beach town tucked into this side of the hill, creating it's own little cove. The tiny town is just filled with bright colors, and palms lining every street and alley way! The boardwalk is filled with restaurants, souvenir shops, and coffee or acai bowls to chose from. I've been to Avila Beach when I was nine and I remember it all practically, so it was awesome to go back and see things in a new perspective. The town itself though has grown so much, so if you don't want to fight for parking (which is barely any) than arriving early is the only way to secure a spot. 

Oh and if you are looking for a great breakfast recommendation definitely check out the Common House! It has a big outdoor patio (it's dog friendly:) and serves great food. I ordered the chocolate chip pancakes and they were really delicious and were super rich which is the way I enjoy them. However, the traditional french toast with strawberries was absolutely heavenly, and I'm so glad my sister shared a few bites because they were the bomb! 


The ocean up the central coast is so much prettier than the waters in Southern California. It's more rich in color, and the temperature is colder. It honestly doesn't even compare, and my camera didn't do it justice at all! If only our eyes could take photos, haha. One thing I love is how these beaches have giant rocks, and cliffs in their ocean, unlike San Diego which tends to just be flat for miles. If you follow me on Instagram, you will have already seen my posts + stories about how much I loved it here. Perhaps one day I'll have the opportunity to move up North! It's truly amazing to see how beautiful the state of California is! 

4 comments

  1. great shots! love the beach!
    Xx
    Kali
    www.lovelaughexplore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE beach towns and this one's got my name written all over it!! So dang cute! And I love all your pics too, so pretty!! xo

    www.girlandcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! Beach towns are the cutest...the pop of color on every building always gets me! :)

      Delete
  3. We've been here - back in the fall and we stopped at a farm close to the beach too - and loved it! It IS sooo cute! And there's a super awesome playground close by the beach too! I'm pretty sure we're gonna spend some time around Christmas here!

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.