How I Express Creativity In My Faith

5.24.2019


t's time to share a project that has been a long time coming. I have been Bible journaling for a few years now and I feel like now I can finally share some tips. Being creative just sparks all my inspiration. The purpose behind this DIY is to highlight something meaningful within scripture and placing a theme, word, quote, or prayer on the side of the margin in my Bible. Growing up, I've always memorized or highlighted my favorite verses, but this is something completely different. There is a huge community on Instagram who shares their Bible journaling, and it is how I actually became aware of such an art.

I only have 5-10 entries of my own, but through the years I've become more comfortable in not needing my pages to look perfect. I really got into Bible journaling because I loved the way I could highlight the most meaningful moments in my faith. Below are a few tips if you are just starting out or want to find out more about this. Also, check out my favorite Instagram account for more ideas and cute supplies to get started.





Perfection // Something you really have to tell your self is that perfection doesn't matter. If a word is spelled wrong, or your drawing turns out too big or small, or you stamp the wrong date, it's okay. This is a work of art, displaying God's beauty in the holy bible, which should be treasured no matter the tiny mistakes you make!

Comparison // As hard as it is on Instagram, you cannot compare. Your entries are going to be different, and your handwriting may not be as glorious as someone else. Remember, it's your Bible, notes, prayers, and relationship with God which should resemble your entries. Don't compare, or copy someone else's work, be creative and let God speak through your artwork.

Supplies // Don't be afraid to use all types of art supplies for your bible. Use watercolors, colored pencils, die cuts, alphabet stickers, date stamp, calligraphy pens, washi tape, ribbon, lose glitter, cute paper clips, and gelatos. Go crazy, have fun with it!



4 comments

  1. I love this.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bible journaling and pictures are gorgeous! Love seeing this expression of creativity.
    Caitlin
    LemonadePressBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Push messaging through mobile marketing efforts like play bazaar satta king SMS messages can be incredibly powerful. Consider pushing discount codes or coupons to customers who have opted in order to receive updates from your business. This increases the value of your mobile marketing and increases the likelihood customers will find value in all the information you provide.play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  4. Önemli giriş adreslerine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş
    betpark giriş
    SZE

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.