MAKING OVER MY MORNING

7.25.2015





id someone say good morning? Usually my mornings aren't all that good, because their fast pace. They consist of sleeping in late, jumping out of bed, grabbing my backpack, and drinking my smoothie out the door! It's safe to say I'm not a morning person. I'd much rather sleep in, and take a long shower. But I've realized how much time I end up wasting out of my day. So these past few weeks I've been working to perfect my mornings.

Even though my early and productive mornings are rare, I absolutely love them. Being able to get stuff done off my to-do list feels wonderful, especially when I still have my whole day ahead of me! The problem? I'm a night owl, and I love to dream in my sleep so therefore waking up becomes very difficult. When I don't get enough sleep I feel really sleepy throughout the day and blah.

Here's how I plan on making over my morning...

My ideal goal is to wake up at 7:00a.m. in the morning and begin diving into my daily to-do list. I love keeping a clean room, so first up...cleaning my room and making my bed! When my space is organized and clutter free, I'm able to function a whole lot better. Next up, nutrition in my belly! Lately I've been into my protein smoothies because they are so delicious and really fill me up.

With the beautiful summer weather I've been sipping my smoothie in my backyard patio. I love the greenery and succulent pots all around me while hearing the birds chirp! During this time I will open my Bible and notebook, diving into my daily devotion. I've been loving She Reads Truth app, it's a devotion I've talked about here on the blog and also Instagram. Right now I'm going through the plan titled Hymns #2, and it's so encouraging!

After I finished my breakfast and devo, I will hop into the shower and get ready for my day. If I plan to stay home that day I'll keep my makeup very simple (if any at all) and possibly blow dry my hair. Once I'm all ready, I'll complete my morning my filling out my Q+A journal from Anthropologie that asks a question every day for the whole year! It's my favorite thing to do because they include questions that are deep such as what's your meaning of home, or totally casual like what was the last song you listened to. Anyways that concludes today's post, and my plans to make-over my morning! I hope my little schedule/plans for my morning helps you wake up and be excited to tackle your day!


Here's a daily vlog that was posted just recently! Thumbs up this video if you like me keeping up with vlogging!!!!

7 comments

  1. Lots of blessing...:) Sweet post
    xx
    Maliha Rao / Red Alice Rao

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE mornings (yup, total morning bird) so i think this list is a great way to get you productive in the mornings! my favorite days are the ones i can wake up, get some chores done, and be productive before 11am (so that only happens on sundays).
    my weekdays are up at 6am for a workout, devotional, shower, and at work by 830am

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those are great ways to get up and moving!

      Delete
  3. I totally need to revamp my mornings. My summers have become the epitome of laziness (not complaining! :P). Once I start my new job I need to get in the habit of waking up earlier and having a more productive morning just like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh waking up early is the struggle - i have a feeling i'll have a lot of early morning start college.

      Delete
  4. This post is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing your tips. I am trying to ween myself off of coffee to kick start my day so I totally needed this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Yes I love coffee too, but I add more creamer than coffee lol! So it's absolutely terrible for me! I do love it though

      Delete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.