Crafting Memories | My Travel Art Journal

4.17.2020


have finally found my version of scrapbooking and today I thought I'd share all about it. Especially due to being cooped up inside, no thanks to COVID-19. But, what better time to become creative and productive right? I hope you all are staying safe and healthy. More on that later in a "the heart of it" post! So, throughout the years I have filled many notebooks and journals that somehow formed a mixture of all photographs, journaling, and stickers to remember my travels or friends. Yet, they were ever-changing as I never felt like they captured what I wanted. This past summer I got inspired by Dana's version from WildWeRoam as she used one giant notebook to hold the drawings of her adventures. I just loved how she used all mediums on one page. So, I picked up the same exact journal and began my own art journal to savor my memories of travel.


This has helped me so much mentally. Putting together these spreads fills me with so much gratitude. Plus these layouts give so much purpose to my photographs! For this journal of mine, I have ditched one rule I use to live by; don't just share the new places you've traveled to, but everything in-between. It's not about the top cities I've been able to fly to or beaches I've never seen. Rather, to display some beautiful moments that highlighted a particular season for me.

So, the journal I have is very sturdy with thick pages, which means I can drown each page in paint, washi tape, polaroids, paper, etc. From the photos below you can see how I use each place I've been to as the theme for the overall color palette and paper patterns. Ahh, I just have been loving this entire process. Below I included some of my favorite supplies with links so you can check them out too! Are you into crafting with photographs? Share below if you do too! :)








1 comment

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.