7 Healthy Ways To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth

6.07.2019


ugar is my downfall like no other. I've always been one to skip a meal only to down anything in liquid form, which can be juice, lemonade, soda, milkshake, the list goes on. Back when I did my 45 day cleanse from sugar last year, I learned a lot of ways to satisfy my sweet tooth. Everything I will mention below worked so well for me. Well, I am actually back on that challenge and right now I am on day 18. I would love to achieve 45 days again, but for now, it's set at 30.

Be sure to read my sugar cleanse post above if you want to learn more about the process. I would recommend that if you want to cut out sugar cold turkey, do so during a week that you can handle the detox. I began my detox the week of my best friend's wedding and had to push through an intense migraine for two days. It wasn't the best timing, but I knew I needed to do this for my body. Plus, once my migraine broke I have been doing great! These tips below are ones that I am following right now and with them giving up sugar altogether isn't so bad. Here's why...


1. Snack on some fruit. 
I love fresh fruit. My go-to's are strawberries, pineapple, and blackberries. I also love to drink fresh squeezed orange juice, as it contains only natural sugar.

2. Make iced tea your best friend. 
For you, coffee drinkers, or soda drinkers (like me) then iced tea will be your best friend. As I survive my sugar detox during the week, a tropical, black, or peach tea helps me like no other. It still allows me to still go to coffee shops and sip on something.

3. Chew gum.
Now, this one saves me at night or when I'm out running errands. Of course, sugar-free gum is the key here. But a little Hubba Bubba bubblegum isn't going to hurt.

4. Find a healthy alternative for ice cream.
Ahh, my favorite way to help myself be healthy for sugar! I'm not talking about dairy or sugar-free ice cream at a grocery store. But, the kind you can choose at health stores. Pressed Juicery Freeze is my all time favorite, which is vegan and sugar-free. Another favorite of mine is from Nekter Juice Bar because their's is made from cashew milk and coconut sugar + it's vegan.

5. Brush your teeth. 
Lifesaver hack right here. Clean teeth will remove all aftertaste of food in general, and then it will eliminate your chances of taking a bite of something.
6. Drink water. 
I never drink enough water, so this is a good rule in general.

7. Use honey. 
Instead of refined sugar in a cup of tea, smoothie, or even on top of toast (guilty) use honey or agave. It still is so perfectly sweet and does the trick for less the cost.

1 comment

  1. Now that you have read the above information, you should know that you can get sleep. Stop tossing and turning at night once and for all. Apply these tips to get the refreshing sleep that you crave.satta king play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.