Solo Trip To Carlsbad

6.14.2019


few weeks ago, I spent the day down in Carlsbad for some much-needed vitamin D. It was right before our heat wave came, so it was a beautiful 75 degrees out. My version of the beach includes a light sweater to pair with my jeans, sunglasses to block out the glimpse of sunshine shining through the fog, and ice cold ocean water to wash off my sandy feet. Well, it was a little warmer than my ideal, but it was lovely just the same. I don't know about you...but I honestly hate going places alone. I have never really opened up about it before, but part of my anxiety revolves around this concept. Running certain errands are easy, but I am not the type to go shopping without a friend. You'll never find me at a restaurant or movie theatre by myself. This day was different though.

Something inside of me was longing for isolation. A time to just sit with my thoughts and write them down. Trying to escape certain emotions for too long is just not healthy and it was catching up with me. Ironically, I traveled to the ocean for some inspiration and clarity.

The whole day went along so smoothly. I am still on my no-sugar challenge, so for lunch, I treated myself to an acai bowl at my favorite place, Nekter. It became my obsession in college, and I suddenly was reminded why. Rich whole foods help my body (and mind) so much! Afterward, I hooked up my GPS to the nearest Pressed Juicery Freeze, which ended up being apart of the coolest outlet mall. So, I had to stop in Anthropologie, my favorite store ever. I always thought that the closest one was in La Jolla, so I was excited to discover one in Carlsbad. Anyways, Pressed is known for their cleansing juices, but I love them for their vegan ice cream. It was incredible. Plus, because it is all natural sugar, I was able to enjoy it on my no-sugar challenge. Just another reason to thank Orange County during my college days!


1. // You are much braver than you realize.

2. // Never allow your productivity to measure your sense of worth.

3. // Being messy is a form of beauty.

4. // Despite the past, the ocean is a place that makes you feel free.

5. // Always write, even when it's hard.



3 comments

  1. It's amazing what a few hours of alone time on a beach can do for your mind! Stress seems to just melt away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try your best to relax and keep stressful things out of your mind when bedtime is approaching. Have a cup of herbal tea and do something relaxing like listening to soft music or quietly reading a book. This will get you more in the move for sleep once your bedtime comes.play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.