How To Be Okay With Where You Are Right Now

7.22.2019


et's be honest for a second, okay? Being content or staying present (whatever you want to call it) has never been my strong point. I enjoy the process of daydreaming and then immediately tackling them to produce productivity. Thinking about the future is what is constantly on my mind. I always push myself to achieve new goals. But, sometimes fear or a particular funk can slow me down, which brings me to writing this post.

Wherever you may find yourself, whether it is transitioning into a new career, a break-up, moving cities, or dealing with post-grad life (like me) all of these spaces create some weird feelings that typically get pushed aside or consume our every thought and action. Personally, my two-month-long summer needs to fade and be replaced with the somber realities that grace periods on my student loans are soon to lift, tests have to be passed, observation hours in a classroom is a must, and the process of applying for a credential program will be due in the fall.

This season comes with a lot of emotions on my end to make things happen, but in the same breath, it doesn't seem like a big change. It is the in-between-phase that seems to be the hardest, doesn't it? So, how can I be okay with where I am, when I desperately desire a change, or to enter into a different season? Here are a few things I'm doing to practice contentment with a subtle reminder to get moving!


 1. realize it is temporary // Everything we go through has a season. Some we wish would pass faster than others, but time is really the only factor in some spaces we grow through. In my transition of change, I constantly have to remind myself it is temporary. It won't always be like this, as long as I work towards my goals. A phrase that I have held onto this summer is "just keep swimming." 2. feel grateful // This may be the most difficult to practice. Honestly, it can be so simple to achieve, we just have to want to feel this way. In a season of change or a lack of it may produce low moods. It is easier to sulk and feel sad than to keep a positive attitude (at least for me). Keep a journal, surround yourself with positive people, or spend a few minutes in a place that warms your soul every day. I love it when I can bring myself out of a funk when I realize that my situation is far less important than someone else's battles. 3. stay present // As you can tell from this post, being present is a challenge for me. I have always believed that I must keep going and doing in order to perform, to look busy or successful. But, during this time it is okay to say that life is slow. I do not have to have a life announcement every week. I can enjoy each day, no matter how boring they may be. Besides, I will wish one day that I would have relaxed in my determination once I am in the thick of school.

3 comments

  1. Exercise regularly. Regular exercise is a great way to help your body function better, and studies have shown that regular exercise during the day makes it easier for you to fall asleep. Try to exercise for about an hour on three or four days a week. Not only will you feel fit, you'll be able to get more sleep as well.
    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jvghh
    Jvghh
    Bcgh
    Jvgh
    http://sattamatkanight.com

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.