School just keeps getting closer and closer (sad face). So i thought i would share with you some quick and easy study tips that you can use when studying for a big test, or a small little pop quiz. Don't forget to comment down below if you would like to see more back to school posts, and if you have any requests! Hope this helps. :)
1. Flash Cards- okay i know we have all done this, i think everyone knows about flashcards, but i think it really helps me. i know that it can become time consuming writing it all down on each card...but its great to have in your purse or backpack or just in your hands when your away from home and doing absolutely nothing. i love that flash cards take up only little space in my bag so they are perfect for me.
2. Sticky Notes- love love love. do i need to say more? really sticky notes are just amazing. i literally have a wall full of these things in my room because they help me remember so much. i will usually write down when, my big tests are due, or homework that needs to be turned in, or simply the schedule of my day.
3. High Lighters- i can literally go high lighter crazy. it helps me so much when studying certain terms or questions because i remember a lot of color. i can actually picture the word in my head that i wrote on the paper because of the color i wrote it in. (i know crazy huh?)
4. Quite Place- find a comfy place to study...i always love to sit on my bed or throw pillows all over my floor and just lay down. because i don't know about you guys but for me it can become uncomfortable and boring by the end of the day to sit at a desk.
5. Turn off Distractions- okay this one is super hard to do but i find that i get done with my homework and focus more when my phone, and iPod and sometimes my laptop are far away from me as possible. trust me its worth it.
6. Take Frequent Breaks- okay don't be afraid to take a break when studying. for me this helps sooo much. when i feel tired or just bored and having a hard time concentrating then ill go have a healthy snack, listen to music, or go exercise.
7. Listen to Music- i love listening to music when doing homework or studying for tests. i feel it helps me keep going and it makes me feel less tired. for some people though music can be a huge distraction so just play around with it and figure out what works best for you.
8. Make up a Beat- putting some answers into a little rap or song helps a lot of people. i haven't really used this tip before mostly because ill start randomly singing Taylor Swift or Adele, so then I'm like wait what was i suppose to memorize?! so yeah for me this doesn't really work but i know for my friends it has.
9. Have many weeks to Memorize- okay i have stayed up til midnight way too many times trying to cram in everything i was suppose to memorize, and i find that by the next morning i have to re-memorize everything because i was too tired the night before and forgot everything. so yeah don't memorize everything last minute, trust me its not fun!
10. Study Groups- if you forgot to take certain notes or write down assignments contact your friends. i have had to do this many times and it helps me so much. plus i love doing homework with friends. i love how we can help each other and i feel like the time goes by so much faster + the homework.
Check out my other back to school post...here!