Lemon bars are one of my favorites but I don't have them very often! So having these were a great treat! I love blogging because it gives me a great excuse to try new recipes and bake! These past few days I have been spending my time on Pinterest just scrolling through some recipe boards and i have become so inspired by all the fun summer party recipes! So be on the look out for some fun summer drinks & food here on the blog!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 lemons, juiced (about ⅔ cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and ½ cup sugar. Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1½ cups sugar and ⅔ cup flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool. For a festive tray, make another pan using limes instead of lemons and adding a drop of green food coloring to give a very pale green. After both pans have cooled, cut into uniform 2 inch squares and arrange in a checker board fashion.
- Sprinkle with powered sugar