WHY I JOURNAL

2.27.2015

Ever since I was in first grade I've kept a journal to organize my thoughts and to remember all the special things I've been able to do in my time! When I was six or seven my journal consisted of misspelled words, and a time log of everything I did from the moment when I woke up and went to bed, haha! Every Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthday's, and summer days written down in my journals! When I reached Jr. High and even High School my journal became my best friend to go to for releasing my emotions. Putting my feelings down on paper seems to be my way of expressing my emotions, and organizing my thoughts on certain circumstances.

I love going back, and going down memory lane to read what I would wrote, and I can remember exactly how I felt in that moment. It's a great way to remember those days when I'd get together with my best friend's, beach days, going out to lunch with my grandparents, etc. The best part is seeing the different journals I would buy and use! My first one is a collection of disney princess's on the front, tinkerbell, Ashley Tisdale from High School Musical, music notes, and then when I got older I chose ones that I just really liked and spoke to me! All of the covers represent the phase I went through, and the trends I liked the most.

Now that I'm a senior my diary is a mixture of everything; emotions, desires, prayers, favorite quotes, memories, and everyday activities! I believe so far, I have about 9 different journals, and each are so special to me! I can go a couple years in just one journal because I only write when I feel like I want to remember a holiday, event with friends, or just plain emotions! So today I thought I share with you a few reasons why I journal, (even though I've probably shared a few already ;)!


1. MEMORY LANE - I mentioned this a little bit, but journaling is a great way to remember your past. I wrote the funniest things in my journal, and I love going back to read them. You can bet every crush of mine is written in there along with details about friends, pets, birthdays, holidays, sick days, summer activities, and so much more! It's so special to me to go back and read things I did in second grade, sixth grade, and even in sophomore year! Even if you're older and are just starting, your going to be able to create those memories too!

2. KNOWING YOURSELF // When I journal, it's always at night when my day is over, and I'm able to just pour out my heart on a blank piece of paper and it's so healing for me. Every emotion I didn't know I felt comes out, and usually I'm able to find the root of the problem once I begin to write. Once I write a long page, I will re-read it after and it really shows me the areas I need to work on, and change my attitude! Sometimes I'm not able to see it right off the bat, but another great tip is to re-read constantly what you jot down, because often times I know I forget little details, or I leave my journal for a long time!

3. OPENS COMMUNICATION // This is specific if you prayer journal. I don't with it enough, but I love the idea of it! It's a great thing to go back and see the prayers God answered, and how it helped you through certain trials, or even the ones he didn't answer. But the few times I've taken the time to write down a prayer to the Lord I've noticed how it truly makes me more appreciative to all he does for me. It helps me focus more on his glory and praise instead of my wants and needs. Even though it's important to share with the Lord what's going on in your life, and to ask for help, it can also be such a habit and we forget to turn it back on him and all the blessings he's stored us with! When I fully open up and communicate with God and even more specifically through journaling my heart is more joyful and vulnerable because I'm left with all the attributes I thank God for having and sharing with me!

7 comments

  1. when I just write my thoughts down it doesn't really hit me how important these thoughts are until I go back and read them. That is what I truly enjoy about journaling.
    Nightchayde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughts darling!
    I've never have a journal... unfortunately, my family (brothers especially) was every time too curious about my stuff. So I never wrote down my thoughts and learn not to have too much privacy. Sad and funny in the same time. ;)
    Kisses!

    visit me soon on
    http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I've heard of those funny yet embarrassing stories of brothers & journals!

      Delete
  3. When I was 9 all I wanted for Christmas was a journal, and my dad ended up getting me a bigger one that I'm about two-thirds of the way through. Being 15 now, that things contains just about everything about my life. I'm an introvert, and so I love being able to write about all my feelings. It definitely helps with putting my thoughts together. I could be a complete mess, but when I'm done writing I feel like so much better.

    Molly Marie
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post and your blog! I just followed and it would mean a lot if you checked out mine too. http://justmebeingmeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.