HOLDING TIGHT TO TRUST

2.09.2018


YOUR LOVE FOLLOWS ME 

I have probably alluded to a few things before on my blog, but my first semester of college was rough. So many things seemed to go wrong all within the first month. Move in weekend didn't exceed my ideals whatsoever. My dorm and roommates weren't anything I had wished for. Anxiety and stomach aches began to creep into the mix. I missed home more than ever, and longed for the weekends when I could go back.

I learned so many things about my faith and myself during that time, and I thought it was about time I wrote the way the Lord delivered me through such a horrible season. Trusting the Lord sometimes seemed impossible. It was hard to understand why the Lord would allow me to be in an environment that I tried to escape by attending a Christian university.

Something I had to remind myself during this difficult time, was not to ask the Lord why me, rather why not me? My whole life He has been slowly equipping me for this moment. He chose the right moment as I had to lean on my faith in a way I never have. It was a time when I began to take pride in my upbringing and worldview. The Lord made me see how much I took my faith for granted.

He delivered me from that time in my life that felt lonely, dark, and uncomfortable.

2 Samuel 22:17-20 "He sent from on high, he took me; he drew me out of many waters. He rescued me from my strong enemy from those who hated me, they were too might for me. They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a broad place; he rescued me, because he delighted in me."

This concept of trust is one I'm still learning, and probably will forever. In fact, I'm learning how to trust God in a different area of my life right now. But, I love how the Lord answers my prayers to provide me moments where I can look back on and recall his promises. If the Lord can deliver me from that dark place, than He can certainly meet me anywhere I am today!

I'm in a new room with a great roommate! I have been given a space where I feel comfortable in my own skin. Now, I'm able to enjoy Vanguard without wishing I could live off campus. Looking back, I can see the way God had His hand in every situation, and for that I will always praise Him.

He may have allowed for such a rough thing to happen to me, but He did not let the light fade. Instead, He covered me with grace, and gave me hope. He let me see how his kindness so that I could trust Him completely.

2 comments

  1. Your first semester of college sounds EXACTLY like mine! Glad you're in a better place now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. College (in all it's different stages!) is such a big adjustment. Hang in there, and try to find joy in the little things. It always helped me when class got hard, friendships felt rocky and times just got plain tough.

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.