5 Quick Ways To Get Out Of A Funk

8.17.2018


'm going to be honest and say that these past two weeks have been hard on me. I've been in a funk and even though I know the reasonings for what triggers my mood, doesn't mean it suddenly goes away. After many days of sulking and wondering why I'm so miserable, I picked myself up and changed a few of my behaviors.

See? Even though this photoshoot is my absolute favorite in a long time, it doesn't mean I have my life together. I have never in my blogging days bought a boutique of flowers for a shoot. So, this cute element seems like everything is lovely. But, that is the funny thing about anxiety or a funk. It creeps up on me in waves. It can last for a few hours or an entire week.

Difficult days or weeks are always going to be apart of life, and it's so important to know when enough is enough. So, in light of my previous funk, today seemed like a great way to share my coping mechanisms. I've been diligent in doing all five below, and they have helped me more than I thought they would. I'd love to hear yours in the comments too!



1. // Take Care of Yourself
This is seriously the most important aspect for me. Me-time is definitely a factor, but taking care of yourself goes even deeper than Netflix and chill. It's about eating healthy, drinking enough water, keeping busy, being around others who can uplift me, waxing my eyebrows, unfollow people on social media who are toxic for me, getting a cut and color, listening to praise music, and praying.

2. // Talk to Someone About It 
I think this is one of the more challenging things you can do, but it's so worth it. Talking to someone helps me see things in a different perspective, and lets me know I'm not alone. 


3. // Pull Out Your Journal 
Writing down my thoughts will always be a lifesaver for me in whatever season of life I find myself in. It always allows me to process my true feelings. Lately, I have started a poetry journal and I love it. You can write a sentence, poem, one paragraph, or a song...just write! 

4. // Get Sweaty 
Working out is something I am just recently exploring. I don't like to sweat and sports have never been my thing. But, walking around my neighborhood when I have a lot on my mind, or feel a rush of anxiety take over it's a great way for me to feel more grounded. 

5. // Keep Busy 
I don't do good sitting around. I have to keep myself busy, preparing for what's to come. The other day I made a list of to-do's for my Master's degree, current textbooks I need to purchase, and job applications to fill out. Having something to look forward to means a lot for me! 

4 comments

  1. Hope the days ahead are better for you. I love walking when I need to sort through the things on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% LOVE these steps, especially the get sweaty stuff!
    Girl working out always helps me to feel better! :)
    It's always good to get out of these frustrating moments to move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such good tips, and me too, love getting to the gym when I'm in a funk, or meeting a girlfriend for lunch - nothing like a good heart to heart to put me back on track. Happy (almost) Friday, love!! xo

    www.girlandcloset.com

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.