Ways I Enjoy Me-Time

8.31.2018


hought it would be a nice change of pace if I showed you all a little peek into my ideal night in. With it being summer time, there's been a lot of relaxation. Almost (almost) to the point of me needing to switch up my routine in order for myself not to be glued to the tv screen, nor flat out bored from lounging around.

I've always wanted to answer this me-time tag that went around YouTube like forever ago, so it's better late than never! I am an introvert at heart, so time alone is pure gold. This is the time I usually carve out a few hours to myself locked in my bedroom, without any regret or guilt that I'm not doing something more productive. This is my pure indulgence stage. Below are a few questions that will allow you to know how I spend my time a bit better.


1. What do you watch or read during me-time? 
To be relaxed I love to turn to some good old entertainment. Getting lost into a fictional show is the best. Netflix is my go-to source for TV shows or movies. Some favorites are How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, Gilmore Girls, or a classic like How To Steal A Million. 

2. What do you wear during me-time? #nobra
I keep it simple with some tight yoga pants, and an old university t-shirt. 

3. What are your me-time beauty products?
An easy DIY sugar scrub that I can do under five minutes in my kitchen is honestly the best way to go. It makes my skin feel smooth and summer ready, while scenting my shower time of sweet coconut and brown sugar! 

4. Current favorite nail polish? 
For the summer give me all the blue colors! Essie and Sinful Colors offer the best shades, so I love "Butler Please," "Mint Candy Apple" by Essie, and "Cinderella" by Sinful Colors. 

5. What do you eat/drink during me-time? 
A guilty pleasure for a night in would be my own little cup of Fish Food by Ben and Jerry's. It's rich, and perfect for a chocolate lover. Every time I eat this it makes me think of Aquamarine, when the girls in the tub vow to Ben and Jerry as the only true men they need in their life. Anyone else remember this? No...okay let me hide from those embarrassing teen films I use to adore. 

6. Current favorite candle?
I adore all candles from Anthropologie because I find that the way they burn don't create an overwhelming scent that normally would cause a headache. Right now I'm really trying to burn and enjoy my candles because I have so many, so right now I'm reaching for Apricot and Basil.

7. Do you ever have outdoor me-time? 
Uh, I'd like to consider myself an outdoor type of girl, but unfortunately that's just me daydreaming again. Of course, a walk around my neighborhood is always nice! 

8. Would you ever go see a movie alone? 
Absolutely not. I can't imagine stepping out in public all alone, not being able to confide in someone else. To go to the show the best part is being able to talk about it with your friend, and share the popcorn. 

9. Favorite online shop? 
I love browsing through Pottery Barn Teen, and Anthopologie. I could go crazy! 

4 comments

  1. Ice cream + yoga pants + sugar scrubs + good chick flicks = GIRLLLL you're speaking my language!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an introvert too so I understand how necessary that alone time can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! What a fun way to share your favorites--sounds like I need to try your DIY sugar scrub.

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.