Taking Time To Reflect: Little Lessons Of 2018

1.01.2019


he New Year is here and I always become nostalgic. I've never opened up here on the blog when it comes to reflecting my year, I tend to just share new year resolutions. But, 2018 was my year for so much self development. It was hard, but I learned some valuable lessons about myself. Here are just a few...


It's okay to say no. // Sometimes it's okay to say no, to say yes to yourself.

Self care is less about relaxing, more maintaining. // Ahh, this one is such an important realization. I wrote a post all about it if you want to know more about what this statement means to me!

Exercise can genuinely be a form of therapy for me. // Health and exercise really had to be priority this year. I've learned a lot of skills and great habits, but nothing felt better than hitting the gym or talking a walk around my neighborhood.

I really enjoy podcasts. // This year I found some great podcasts to listen to, and it has made working out so much easier. I love music, but learning about different stories or perspectives.

The beach can be soothing for me. // If someone was to ask me anything about the beach, my immediate answer would be I'm not a fan. Okay, sure my room is beach inspired, and I practically grew up on the sand. But, after living in Orange County for a while and only being two miles from Newport Beach, I saw the beach in a whole new way. During the day or the summer, no thanks. But, sitting on a towel in my sweatshirt, watching the sunset is what I've learned to love.

You need to be kinder to yourself. // The hardest thing I learned this year was realizing that I am way too hard on myself.

1 comment

  1. Happy New Year! Taking time to reflect is so important, especially in the new year and as we all start something new :)

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.