My 2019 Resolutions

1.07.2019


aking lists is just what I do. So, naturally this time is just perfect to do so. I take my new year resolutions very seriously, as they shape the essence of my mindset and actions for the whole year. I honestly, have no idea what this year will hold for me. I am graduating in May with a Bachelor's in English, and hopefully begin my credential program for teaching. There are a lot of unknowns in this chapter of life for me. In a way it's scary. I am so use to having a plan for a total of four years like high school and even college. So, I'm gonna try to kick back and enjoy the new adventures and challenges that come my way, because my plans can only go so far.

Instead of focusing on the whole picture of what this year may bring...I am going to remain present on a few new habits or goals that I can have control over. Do you have any new year's resolutions? 


1. Read 5 Books. 
I said something like this similar last year, and fell short of that number! Of course, I reach this just by being an English major, but I'm talking about novels that are for pure enjoyment. I already purchased two books for self discovery that I cannot wait to read.

2. Have 60 Days of no Sugar.
I challenged myself this year to 30 days free of no sugar, and I completed it! I actually did it for 45 days straight. I started January 1st, and ended it all on Valentines Day. But, this year I want to double the challenge and do 60 days of no sugar. Crossing my fingers for this one.

3. Practice More Self Care. 
2018 was my year of tackling my fears and crossing over my comfort zones. But, one of the most important things I worked on was self care. My definition of it was hindering my growth, so this year I want to try my best to intergrade this new philosophy of mine. It is less about me-time, more about taking care of my body. Get a facial, go for a pani/medi, workout, ditch sugar, read more often, write about my feelings, and rely on my faith!

4. Get a Handle on my Anxiety. 
Hopefully this is will get easier and I won't be so fearful of everything.

5. Explore New Places. 
I have one exciting trip planned this year, but I hope that through planning it all I will be inspired to not stop there. I still would love to go to Victoria beach in Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach library, spa day in Palm Springs, and Communal Coffee in San Diego.


Every year I give myself a word to live by. Some years I need more motivation, peace, or happiness. Looking back it is one that reflects the season I was once in.

Well, for 2019 my word is grace. This word has already carried me in many ways. For the new year I want this word to represent a new season of myself. One that is able to grow and learn in grace.

My hope is that I will learn how to give myself more grace when my expectations are high or things don't work out the way I planned. That I will rely on God's grace. And that I will be able to extend grace to others.

"Through all that bends and breaks, you are still wrapped up in grace." - MHN.



2 comments

  1. I love this! Phil 4:6-9 is one of my favorite verses for anxiety! I memorized it so I can recite it when my anxiety kicks up! It may also be a blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for sharing! I am going to read it right now :)

      Delete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.