GIVE THANKS

11.26.2014

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and this month has been so inspiring and uplifting in so many ways. I decided to tape a piece of paper to my wall in my room, and write everything I am thankful for. Big or small. Every blessing. Finding joy in all that I have, and counting it as a blessing in my life. In my busy life I tend to forget all that I have, and the people around me. I take certain things are granted, instead of cherishing them like I should. This month with Thanksgiving and being surrounded by family I not only wanted to share what I'm thankful for as we go around after our feast at the dinning table, but truly be thankful in my heart as well. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of Hod in Christ Jesus for you." Adding to this list everyday for this month has made me realize how much I have to be thankful for, and to find joy in everything.


Through blogging and the social media atmosphere I can become so wrapped up into what everyone is doing or owns that it takes away from what I am able to do, and have. I know this discontent feeling can be shared with most of you as well, but I hate the way it makes me feel. This November I've been able to have a different out look on things, and it's helped me feel more content as I'm able to remind myself of all the blessing I wrote on my piece of paper. I hope to always remember this list, and keep it near at all times for I never want to forget. I encourage you too, to make a list of all that you are thankful for during this time. I promise you, the list you write will impact you in so many ways! Psalm 100:4-5 "Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to Him, bless His name. For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations."

Post a Comment

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.