POSTCARDS FROM OAHU PT. 2

6.12.2015 O‘ahu, Hawaii, USA



ole pineapple plantation was our next stop for the week, and it ended up being really neat. We took a train ride to view the whole plantation, it was only a 20 minute ride but it showcased their pineapple fields, sugarcane, breadfruit trees, and banana trees! I'll admit I was expected much more from this plantation and tour in general, because it consisted of tiny planters of pineapple, a gift shop filled with nerdy cartoon pineapple phone cases or pineapple plush toys, and lastly a food court for their famous dole whip. Give it one hour and you'll be completely done seeing everything at this plantation. All in all pineapple is my favorite fruit (guilty of eating a whole one at once;) so obviously this trip was a must. If you follow me on Instagram (which you should) then you will have seen the pineapple smoothie I ordered and oh my gosh was it amazing! They made it with fresh pineapple chunks and pineapple juice, it was pure heaven!

If you have the chance to visit Oahu and have any interest in pineapple, then I recommend going just for the fun of it! I had so much fun and I snapped some great photos, enjoyed my smoothie, and purchased some pineapple postcards. Other than that, your not missing much (if you dont have time to go) but if you want to kill an hour or you simply enjoy touristy things than the Dole pineapple plantation will be right up your alley!




3 comments

  1. Looks like a lovely place - too bad it quite wasn't what you expected...

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. K - my mom and I went to disneyland today, and they had dole whip floats. Legit - best thing I've eaten in ages...

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.