POSTCARDS FROM OAHU PT.1

6.10.2015 O‘ahu, Hawaii, USA



he week is here and I'm in Oahu, Hawaii! As I've said before in my previous posts, this is my second visit to Hawaii. The first island was Maui, so this time around the excitement is determining the different between the two, and figuring out which island I enjoy the most. We are staying in Lanikai which is on the lush green side of the island, plus (in my opinion) the more beautiful the ocean is because the waves are calmer (what waves?) and it's definitely more clear. All in all it's absolutely beautiful. When I stayed in Maui we stayed in a resort and for this trip we are renting a house on the water! Both have been perfect and I love experiencing both! The house has such a beachy feel, and the best part is, we share a private beach with one another house right next to us! As you can see in these photos the water is clear, calm, and quiet.

If you've been following my blog for a while now, you might already know that I have a serious fear of the ocean. I;m talking full on panic attacks! Seaweed, sharks, big waves, currents, stingrays, coral, muggy water, sand, and the saltiness are all factors of my fear! Yes, it may seem small to those of you who love the ocean and surf, but to me it's huge and when people don't synthesize this fear of mine, it becomes an even bigger fear. So I have completely strayed away from the ocean, I won't even step foot in the ocean anymore when in Southern California. Hawaii water, ah now that's a completely different story. It may seem silly, but I will get it, and swim in the ocean in these tropical islands! It's not because I'm spoiled, or too stuck up (I only swim in Hawaii) but there's almost no comparison to the ocean here to California. The water is seaweed-free, barely any waves, crystal clear water, and no stingrays chillin out in the sand. Long story short, I love the ocean here, and therefore it's been such an enjoyment to swim and have no panic attacks.





This is just part 1 of my little Hawaii series, so this one is just more photography/editorial photos of Oahu and where I'm staying. These photos is the view I'm able to wake up to every morning! The yellow house is where I'm staying, surrounded with the most gorgeous view! If you can tell, the water is just a few steps away from our patio! So far my favorite thing about Hawaii/Oahu is all the palm trees! Sure I live in California (aka palm tree heaven) but there's something to be said for hawaiian palm trees which is what you can see in all of these photos! Stay tuned for my next post because next we plan on visiting the Dole Pineapple plantation!




5 comments

  1. Fantastic pictures! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! It's been fun playing with my photography at the golden hour here in Hawaii!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'd LOVE to travel to Hawaii!! It's one of my dream places! Cannot wait to see more of your photos! Simply gorgeous!

    xo, Brittany
    www.foxandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Well then stay tuned cause I have about 4 more posts to share! :)

      Delete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.