1. // Fit & Healthy. I really want to jump into this goal with a different attitude towards working out and eating clean. I hope to work with a personal trainer so that motivation doesn't dry out within weeks of beginning. I want to focus on my #absolutebest which is a phrase that means I am going to push myself to limits that aren't impossible, yet achievable within my own abilities that I know will keep me on the right track.
2. // Be a Consistent Blogger. With my nice winter break of college I plan to get ahead, and schedule lots of blog posts. I want to write down more ideas, and be more organized with my posts. I've already been working on this resolution, and it already feels great, and I can tell a huge difference. So my hope is that this lasts during the whole year, when I go back to school and life get's crazy.
3. // New Surroundings. I want to get out of the house more. Explore, and do new things! I'm going to be taking some more online classes which means I'll be home more. I have always been so busy in my semester with working and classes, and I'm changing things up in the springtime. So, I won't want things to get lonely. I worked a lot this fall semester in cafes, and loved how I gathered inspiration from my surroundings, and I want to continue to do so in 2017.
4. // Read More Often. How many times have you heard someone say that one? Well, I'm serious this year when I say I need to stop typing, and pick up a real novel. My personal goal is to read 10 books this year, cause in 2016 five books was just too easy haha.
5. // Challenge Myself. This is very vague but I have some big changes coming my way in 2017, and I want to be able to embrace them with open arms. I know what I need to do for myself, to jump out of my comfort zone. I also wish to challenge myself to any type of task for five straight days ie. five days of journaling, five days of working out, etc. I hope to do this once a month, and blog about my results *fingers crossed.
This is my word for the new year. I love having this ritual when I pick a word which represents the attitude or lifestyle I wish to have during all 365 days of the year. In 2014 it was "bravery," in 2015 it was "persevere," and 2016 it was simplicity." Still to this day I tell myself to be brave when I'm scared, crave simplicity, and strive to persevere. These words have molded my lifestyle and mental heath in so many ways, which is why I hope to always not only value a new word for the new year, but to always hold onto the one's before. I chose flourish, because I want to grow, change, develop, and learn especially knowing what's ahead in 2017 with University decisions, turning 20 years old, summer job opportunities, and working on myself.