JANUARY

1.29.2018


ON THE MOVE

I'm plugging along with my college classes, and so far I'm loving them. I have lots of homework, though I seem to be handling it just fine. I've only attending a few chapels this month, so I need to get myself in gear because I don't have long to obtain 30!

I've had so much fun being with my friends, especially after that long month break for the holiday's. Exploring Newport Beach bit by bit is my main focus this semester at Vanguard!! Late night spicy Uno games in the dorms, acai bowl runs with my roommate, and sunsets on the beach are simply the best moments yet here at college.


The 365 project on Instagram is so fun. If you follow me on my insta account, then you will already have seen my new challenge that started on January 1st. If your new to this, it's taking and posting one photo everyday for one whole year. I don't know if I'll obtain this challenge all the way through, but I was feeling defeated amongst other creators. I stopped taking photos because they never were perfect enough for me to enjoy. Tossing that mindset out and using this challenge as a way to remember simple moments day to day.

My health has been a struggle. I want to go in depth more later, but lately no matter what I eat (besides fruit and veggies) my stomach will hurt so bad. The patterns are strange, and I never know will it begin again. Hence my acai bowl addiction on Instagram, haha, because it's about the only thing that won't upset me.

I joined my University's student lead Newspaper. Guys, it's the best! Secretly, inside I feel like Andy Anderson the How-To-Girl (How-To Lose a Guy in 10 Days, anyone?) and nothing feels more fulfilling. It's so neat being able to know the inside scoop on everything that is happening at Vanguard.

                            

I have stayed strong on my 31 days of no sugar challenge. This was necessarily a challenge, but a conscious health choice on my end. Over the years my sweet tooth has become really bad. So with the new year, and my health I almost didn't have a choice. It's something I had to do. I can't wait to include this on a separate post because I have learned so much, so stay tuned.

Choir this semester was able to be apart of a project that allowed us to record. It was so exhausting, but an amazing experience. Hours and hours of rehearsal took place, but learning music is such a joy for me. I'm able to escape everything, and just praise God through worship.

On the blog, I'm going to be more personal. Like I mentioned above about my health, no sugar diet, and everything I'm exploring as a college student, my hope is to share my thoughts on everything in it's own post. I never want my content to exclude the important pieces of my life, and right now it hasn't been easy. But through it all, I hope to connect with you and in turn hear your stories!

3 comments

  1. Sounds like an eventful month! I'm also not eating sugar! It's been a struggle at times, but I know it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is hard, but I just finished my challenge, and I love the way I feel that I'm still going strong!! You got this. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! I hope and pray you find answers and feel better soon! <3

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.