4 THINGS I WISH I HAD KNOWN WHEN I FIRST STARTED BLOGGING

8.24.2015


tarting a blog isn't easy. It takes time, and a lot of work to make it become what you dream. Followers don't come flooding through. Success doesn't happen overnight! So today I thought I'd share with you four things I wish I would have known when I began blogging. All of these tips truly work, and should definitely be taking into consideration.




1. BLOGGING TAKES TIME
Blogging isn't easy, nor simple. When I write and plan for a blog posts it usually takes me close to an hour, and taking some snapshots for the post can take another hour. Honestly, I don't think I spend enough time blogging, but here's my tip no matter if you're a new blogger or been in the atmosphere for five years. You can always add in more posts as you go. Set your bar low, and then work your way up. If you have expectations that are too high, and can't meet them ultimately your stats will go down!

2. OFFER SOMETHING DIFFERENT
Creative content is the most important aspect about blogging! If you're starting your own blog then consider branching out of your comfort zone and trying new things. The bloggers that have the spotlight are constantly trying new hobbies, DIY's, and fashion trends!

3. COMMITMENT MATTERS
This concept comes into play with an editorial calendar! Keeping up on your weekly scheduled posts is important! If you're interested in seeing how you can plan out your weekly/monthly posts then check out a post I recently did!

4. SUCCESS DON'T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT
This is the one tip that speaks volumes! I still have to remind myself this one! Success doesn't just happen, instead it takes months if not years to gain spotlight. I have a post that talks in depth about this topic, so I won't say too much here.

5 comments

  1. I feel like a lot of bloggers think they'll be a success over night, and the disappointment hits when they realise it's just unrealistic in this community. Not to fret though, if you truly love this awesome little hobby writing your honest 'something different' will be enough. I love honest insight into people's heads when I read blogs.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging success definitely takes time! I've been blogging for about 3 years and I feel like it's been a slow climb. But I still love it so that's good!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! All of these would be perfect to know pre-blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this Jenna :) it's such a helpful thing for blogger like me.

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.