Notes To My Younger Self

11.06.2018


his little type of post is one I've seen going around, and I couldn't help thinking about all the things I could tell my younger self. Hence, today's blog article. Looking back, I don't regret many things. They have made me who I am. But, of course there are always a few things I wish I would have known to save me the trouble or heartache. I couldn't really write myself an entire note, rather a few things I've since learned along the way. What type of things would say like to tell your younger self? 


1. // Just because someone pays attention to you, doesn't mean they genuinely care about you. Not everyone has great intentions. So, don't always wear your heart on your sleeve. Let the most important people discover who you are.

2. // Don't quit piano. I know voice was the priority, but nothing felt so right once you learned to play those jazz songs.

3. // Journal through the hard stuff. As easy as it is to let time pass in order to get through a rough patch, grab a pen and write. It's better to let go than to stuff it deep down inside.

4. // Give yourself permission to do nothing. You don't always have to have a resume filled with accomplishments. Learn to do nothing of significant importance, and rest in where you are.

5. // Quality over quantity, always. Remember that sunflower tank top from O'Neil that ripped after one wear? Stop spending money on such cheap quality only, because it is brand clothing.

6. // You were cuter than you once thought. Embrace who you are, because you cannot be anyone else, without staying true to yourself. So, stop worrying about size numbers. They don't mean anything when it comes to worth.

7. // Say yes more often. Don't let the opinions of others keep you from trying new things.

3 comments

  1. I love reading these. Yes to number four especially! Never guilt yourself for enjoying down time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good notes, thanks for sharing! I keep wanting to practice the piano more, but never find the time. Voice is my priority too, but I do wish I could play jazz. I'm glad you were able to discipline yourself to practice more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. I think these are great advices<3 I would like to speak out my mind more often.

    Kisses from Germany,
    xxMaj-Britt

    https://majstatement.com/

    ReplyDelete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.