Whale Watching

3.19.2014 Maui, Hawaii, USA

 During my trip to Maui, we decided to go whale watching! It was my very first time and I loved it. It was so amazing to see whales close up. I have been to Sea World many times and seen the Killer Whale show several times, but there's something about seeing a whale in it's own habitat and surroundings. Not just in a big water tank, but the large ocean they were intended to be in. Towards the end of our ride the captain placed a microphone under the water, and we could hear the sounds and songs the whales make during their mating season, which is right now during March and April. It was the neatest thing ever! Their sounds are so distinct and different than I ever imagined. Crazy to think that their noise can travel over three miles away!! At one point we had a baby whale and its mama right under our boat. The feeling that a huge humpback whale was right underneath us was more scary than exciting...but still really neat because of how close they were to the boat!!

Little did I know...I get sea sick! Sadly I had to learn that the hard way. Back in my Sophomore year during the summer I had gone to camp with my church. For a whole week I was on house boats and I don't remember feeling as sick as I felt on the boat there in Maui! The feeling was just awful and it took about two days for me to stop feeling like I was swaying! Thankfully the boat ride was  two hours long, and the sick stomach feeling didn't kick in until we were already one hour into our tour. So basically I had one good solid hour of feeling normal and I was able to enjoy myself! I would definitely go again, but next time I am taking some pills before I step on any boat again!!










11 comments

  1. Nice pictures! :) I've never been whale watching before but I want to one day!

    ashley-ashstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you'll have to one day, its so much fun!! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this must have been a truly amazing and memorable experience! Stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute =)

    http://lifeisaconstantjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this must have been an amazing experience!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck, sea sickness is not fun, so sorry you got it! At least you got an hour without it though :).
    Great pictures!
    rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cool! i love your hat!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!! :) I love whales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been whale watching in Alaska, but never in Hawaii! Hope to go there someday!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im sory you got sea sick! Looks like you got to see some exciting whales though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that part was a huge bummer haha. Yes we saw many whales :) IT was a lot of fun

      Delete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.