AUGUST SMALL GOALS | 2017

8.01.2017


My July goals...

1. Have Everything Done for VU | YES! I have everything done. Every item needed for my dorm is packed up and ready to go. Feels so good to have everything completed.

2. Blog 10 Times | Oh man,  I only counted 6 posts for July. I didn't realize how much effort went into 10 a month, haha. Maybe I'll have more this August.

3. Deep Clean My Room | Yep! I completed this goal too. I went through all my items for my dorm and organized them in my closet, went through old clothes, and make plenty of lists for when I leave. I need to do this again before I leave, but it felt good.

4. Try 3 New Hairstyles | No, this one wasn't accomplished. My hair is a tad shorter than my usual go-to, so I haven't wanted to try even a french braid. Plus it's so hot that I'm just letting my hair air dry, and then I leave it at that.

5. Bible Journal | I didn't do this one either. I need to though, but I always forget.


My goals for August...

1. Soda Detox | Today, I am starting a month of soft drink detox challenge. I figured it would be great to have a two week head start before heading off to college. See I want to wing myself off of it completely at college, because I need to consume more water!

2. Make Time to Journal | This summer I've been a little MIA when it comes to journaling, so I want to be more on top of my game especially at Vanguard. Everything will be so new to me, I want to capture it all on paper.

3. Explore New Places | In Costa Mesa there are so many cute coffee shops, shopping malls, and beaches. I hope to explore just one new place with some new friends.

4. Eliminate Anxiety | This is creeping up on me, and I can't pin point why. Perhaps it's because I'm going to be transitioning into a whole new environment. Or maybe I'm just learning a few things. Either way, I know I need to keep more scripture around to kick this.

5. Lose 10 Pounds | I can do this!

9 comments

  1. I feel you, I thought I could blog every other day in July that was clearly way too ambitious haha.
    http://www.inapursuitofhappiness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow every other day! That's a lot of content. Haha. Blogging isn't easy, that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. I love reading other people's goal lists---it gives me extra motivation to make/tackle my own.

    I've found that since I started blogging regularly (almost seven years ago now!), I started journaling less and less, but that was largely because my blog became sort of my journal. As time has gone on and I've experienced more personal things that I don't want to share with the world in general, I've gone back to doing an online journal (just in a GoogleDoc) to at least have a space for those thoughts. It seems to help with the anxiety, too! (Which I totally struggle with too, btw.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh yes Torrie, I was the same way for a little bit. I stopped writing certain things because when I needed to, I'd make a blog post out of it! That's why I'm making this my goal - when though the blog is my outlet, it's so important for me to keep physical notes of my life!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have a marvelous month ahead!!
    Caitlin
    Lemonadepressblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl! I was a Diet Coke connoisseur!! And while I still partake every now and then, I kicked the habit by drinking sparkling waters!! I mainly was craving the carbonation. Just look for sparkling waters with zero or minimal sodium level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm a soda or juice everything kind of connoisseur too! I'll have to try that out. Kicking it won't be easy when it's such a fave of my, but it will be nice for college.

      Delete
  5. These goals are awesome!! I need to finally clean out my old office and set things up in my new classroom, but I am so not ready for that yet, haha. I've kind of been dragging my feet getting things together but getting there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I feel you. Moving or organizing is never an easy task!

      Delete

© A Beautiful Heart. Design by FCD.